The Corvallis Sustainability Coalition and Corvallis Independent Business Alliance are co-sponsors of Buy Local First, an ongoing community-wide challenge. Selected at the 2011 Sustainability Town Hall to be the Coalition’s focus, the Buy Local First campaign encourages Corvallis residents to first consider buying from a locally owned independent business before making a purchasing decision. The decision to buy local plays a crucial role in developing a healthy local economy.
The following businesses participated in Buy Local First Day:
- Animal Crackers – 10% off any purchase
- Benson’s Interiors – 25% off area rugs
- Corvallis-Albany Farmers’ Markets – Join us at the Terra Madre event at the Fairgrounds (3:00 – 7:00 pm)
- Corvallis Brewing Supply – Buy a $50 gift certificate for $40
- Corvallis Local Deals – CIBA member businesses can sign up online for a free consultation with Anthony to improve their web presence
- Corvallis Sewing & Vacuum – 20% off all accessories
- Country Vitamins – 30% off Oregon manufactured products; free gift with $25 purchase
- Ecofusion Fitness – 20% off yoga merchandise. Get an Annual Unlimited Group Fitness pass for $300 (that’s 50% off) through Dec. 15.
- First Alternative Co-op – 10% off everything to everyone all day
- Footwise – Free pair of socks with regular price purchase of shoes $75 or more
- Garland Nursery – 10% of purchases go to support Contours at Samaritan Cancer Research Center
- Golden Crane – An extra 30% off sale clothes (includes new markdowns)
- Gracewinds Music – Cider and cookies, and local piano students playing seasonal music from 12pm-3pm
- Irene’s – Holiday treats and discounts on selected items
- Iyengar Yoga Center of the Willamette Valley – $15 off a private yoga therapy consultation ($50 normally $65)
- Live Well Studio – 1) Save $15 on a 5 Class Pass just $60, (regularly $75), use promo code ‘local’ online or just say, ‘Buy Local’ when you visit the studio to purchase in person. 2) Save $10 on our Intro 30-day unlimited class pass, just $40 (regularly $50), use promo code ‘shanti’ online or just say, ‘Buy Local’
when you visit the studio to purchase in person
- Many Hands Trading – 10% off all purchases
- Peak Sports – 20% off all clothing
- Robnett’s Hardware – Peanut Day (eat peanuts, throw ‘em on the floor), 20% off cash purchases
- Schmidt’s Garden Center – Holiday Open House, with10% off everything in the store
- Second Glance – Everything 15% off
- Second Glance Alley – Everything 15% off
- Second Glance Annex – Everything 15% off
- Shonnard’s Nursery, Florist &Landscape – Buy 2 ornaments and get 1 free when you say, “I am shopping Buy Local First!”
- Sibling Revelry – 20% off Oregon products
- Stoker’s VitaWorld – 25% off all non-sale goods
- The Clothes Tree – 8-hour sale, with specials and discounts
- The Rain Shed – 10% off everything in stock (in-store purchases only)
- The Toy Factory – 20% off one item of your choice when you mention Buy Local First Day (excludes Lego, furniture, and special orders)
- Troubadour Music Center – 20% off all shop instruments
- Wilt Farms/Sunset Valley Organics – Not open on Saturday but will run $2.00 off one pound of dried blueberries for the week of December 1 – 7.
The 2012 Buy Local First Holiday Contest was December 1 – 15. Read about it HERE.
Visit the Coalition’s Economic Vitality page for additional resources and information about our local economy.