Join the 9th annual creek tour on June 4th by bike or trolley!
- Did you know that “Dunawi” means wise, elderly woman?
- Did you know that the Oregon Chub fish removed from the federal threatened and endangered list has been found in Dunawi Creek – in Corvallis?
- Did you know that the first effort to regenerate a historical, lost creek is in the Dunawi Creek watershed?
- Did you know that most of Dunawi Creek is really two creeks?
- Do you know this special place along Dunawi Creek shown in this picture? You go by it often. You just never noticed it.
- Did you know that the most southern hilltop drainage feed to Dunawi Creek, now referred to as “Country Club Hill” used to be called “Oak Butte” and later “Wiegand Hill”?
- Did you know that Dunawi Creek with the most extensive wetlands in the City is our best hope for a healthy stream system?
If you go on the upcoming Dunawi Creek tour, you will know all of this and more…
Dunawi Creek “Branches of Life Tour”
Saturday, June 4, 2016
1:00 – 4:00 pm
This tour is free and open to the public. You can participate in the group bike ride or you can take the City Trolley. The bike riders will see much more of Dunawi Creek and its special places along a 4-mile ride. The trolley riders get a more pampered “Disneyland experience” with four special stops along the way.
To register and receive the starting location, contact Heath Keirstead at or call her at (541) 753.7208.
Register today! Trolley seats are VERY limited.