Leadership & Committees
We are a volunteer-based organization with many dedicated individuals, including the leadership of the Sustainability Coalition.
The Steering Committee guides the Coalition by setting overall policy, developing strategy, and overseeing finances. The Steering Committee also provides support to the Coalition’s action teams and committees. Steering Committee members serve as liaisons to action teams and are members of our operating committees (see below). An Executive Committee, composed of four members of the Steering Committee, carries out the day-to-day responsibilities of the Coalition. A volunteer Facilitator/Director coordinates the Coalition’s programs and activities.
Current Steering Committee members and the organizations they represent are:
- Alvin Eshe – Member at Large
- Loma Hammond – Member at Large
- Cindee Lolik* – First Alternative Natural Foods Co-op
- Linda Lovett – Member at Large
- Randy Macdonald – Member at Large
- Robert Mauger*, Secretary – Corvallis Bicycle Collective, The Law Office of Robert L. Mauger
- Sean McGuire – Benton County
- Annette Mills*, Facilitator – League of Women Voters of Corvallis
- Dave Persohn, Treasurer – Member at Large
- Kyle Reed – OSU Students
- Ann Scheerer – Member at Large
- Dave Toler – Member at Large
- Brandon Trelstad, Vice Facilitator* – Oregon State University
* Executive Committee
The City Council Liaison to the Steering Committee is Hal Brauner.
There are three operating committees that serve to support the Coalition and its action teams.
Communications & Marketing Committee
- Develops communication tools
- Communicates the activities and accomplishments of the Coalition, its action teams and partner organizations
- Educates the community about sustainability
- Develops and reviews fiscal procedures, revenue plans, and forecasts
- Provides support to Development Committee
- Prepares and monitors the annual budget
- Creates and directs fundraising efforts