Our goal is to more than double the amount of solar in Corvallis within the next 5 years—from 840 rooftops in 2015 to 2,000 rooftops in 2020.
- Corvallis currently has 4.2 megawatts (MW) of solar coverage—the equivalent of 840 rooftops
- Our 1-year goal is to cover an additional 300 residential and 100 commercial/municipal rooftops with solar by the end of 2016
- Our 5-year goal is 10 MW of solar—the equivalent of 2,000 rooftops, including both residential and commercial
Making progress towards our goal this first year is critical because it’s part of Take Charge Corvallis—our local effort to compete for the $5 million Georgetown University Energy Prize.
Solar is the right thing for your pocketbook, your family, the planet.
- Total up-front cost for a typical 4 kW solar system in Corvallis = $14,500
- Homeowner out-of-pocket cost (after rebates & tax incentives) = $ 2,190
Contact a local installer to find out if solar is right for your home:
Need financial help? Seeds for the Sol is a local non-profit that makes solar affordable.
You can help others finance solar by becoming a Seeds for the Sol partner.
- Sun Buddies provide zero-interest loans
- Pass-Through Partners receive tax credits earning $600 in four years
Make your home and community healthier. Be part of the solution to climate change!