Choose from 13 area restaurants for a “Local 6” sample plate under $10!
During the 7th annual Local Eats Week, local restaurants are offering a sample plate for less than $10 that features primarily Local 6 ingredients. Local 6 refers to products grown, produced, or processed by farms or businesses owned and operated within the six counties touching and including Benton County (Benton, Lane, Lincoln, Linn, Marion, and Polk).
Choose from more than a dozen participating restaurants, then post a photo on Facebook and win a $25 gift certificate to one of these great local restaurants! Details below…
- Bellhop – Pan-fried Oregon Coast Oysters ($9), paired with bread and butter pickles.
- Block 15 – Butternut Squash & Chipotle Vegetarian Chili ($7.50) with a house baked corn muffin
- Bombs Away – Fresh Vegetable Quesadilla with local goat cheese
- Cirello’s Pizza – Mini Margarita pizza made with local wheat flour, olive oil, local cheese, tomatoes and basil
- First Alternative Co-op – Stuffed Delicata Rings ($9.99) with purple fingerling potatoes. Ingredients from Beene Farm.
- Gathering Together Farm – Salad ($9.50) with mixed greens, beets, feta cheese, and ancho chile.
- Laughing Planet Cafe – Seasonal Sumac Salad ($8) featuring roasted cauliflower, kale, feta cheese, curry roasted chickpeas, apples, quinoa, dried cranberries, and spinach, tossed in a roasted red pepper sumac vinaigrette
- Le Patissier – Slider or Half-sandwich and Soup with side of fruit
- Caves – Dinner – Poutine ($8); Brunch – Sweet Winter Squash Doughnut ($3)
- Nearly Normal’s – Two Roasted Butternut Squash Tacos ($9.75) served with brown rice and black beans or Gathering Together Farm salad greens.
- New Morning Bakery – Peoria Quiche ($5.95) with produce from Peoria Road Farm Market, dairy from Lochmead, eggs from Willamette Egg Farms, and Tillamook Cheddar.
- Sky High – Fried Tamale Fritters ($8.95) on a bed of collard greens, featuring veggies from Sunbow Produce and masa from Bob’s Red Mill. Vegan and gluten-free!
- White Wind Superfoods – Mixed Berry Medley Smoothie featuring strawberries and blueberries from Wilt Farm, kale from Wandering Gardens and Sunbow Farms, house made apple juice, bananas and avocado.
Select a different restaurant for each day of Local Eats Week, and mark it on your calendar!
Win a $25 Gift Certificate from a local restaurant!
- Go to Local Eats Week 2016 event on Facebook.
- Check in at the participating Local 6 Restaurant where you are.
- Post a photo of your Local 6 sample plate and tag the restaurant.
One drawing entry per post. Visit multiple restaurants and post again to increase your chances of winning!
As a customer, you’ll delight in the wide array of colorful, flavorful local food available during Local Eats Week. Don’t miss this opportunity to celebrate the fall harvest, support locally owned businesses, and try some new and delicious food – all in one swoop of your fork and knife!
Local Eats Week is an annual event organized by the Local 6 Connection, a campaign that encourages local restaurants to source more of their ingredients from the Local 6 area. The broader goal is to increase the percentage of locally produced food that is consumed by the community in order to create a vibrant and secure local food system.