Choose from 15 area restaurants for a Local 6 sample plate under $10!
Savor the bounty of autumn with an amazing assortment of tasty treats, prepared by our local restaurants.
During Local Eats Week, participating restaurants are offering a sample plate for less than $10 featuring primarily Local 6 ingredients.
Choose from 15 participating restaurants, then post a photo on Facebook to be eligible to win a $25 gift certificate to one of these great local restaurants!
- Bellhop – Fried Oregon Oysters $10, Beet Salad with pumpkin seeds $9
- Block 15 – Vegetarian Butternut Squash & Chipotle Chili with a house baked corn muffin – $6/bowl & $4.25/cup
- Bombs Away
- Castor – Kale salad with Airlie red apples, butternut squash, roasted shallots, chèvre, black garlic vinaigrette
- Caves – House-made Chorizo Poutine (fries topped with onion and mushroom gravy and cheese curds)
- Cirello’s Pizza – Northwest Margarita: Whole Wheat mini made from local Stalford wheat, sauced with fresh olive oil from Oregon Olive Mills, Northwest grown basil, smoked Cheddar from the OSU creamery, and garnished with sliced roma tomatoes from Gathering Together farms
- Cloud & Kelly’s – Butternut Squash Gnocchi: House-made gnocchi with chanterelle mushrooms, kale, shallots, toasted hazelnuts, sage and parmigiano reggiano in a sherry-brown butter emulsion
- First Alternative Co-op – Half Caesar Chicken Wrap and in-house made potato salad (4 oz.) $6.99
- Laughing Planet Cafe – Highway to Kale Salad: Lacinato kale tossed with queso fresco and carrots with lemon-parsley vinaigrette. Topped with dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds – $4.50/small, $7.00/large
- Nearly Normal’s – Sue’s Butternut Squash Taco: Corn tortilla stuffed with cheddar jack cheese, chipotle roasted butternut squash, grilled kale, salsa and feta cheese
Served with black beans and brown rice
- New Morning Bakery – Stuffed Bell Pepper
- Sidecar – Tartine of Helping Hands Farm Smoked Chicken, Denison Farms Pear BBQ Sauce, topped with Gathering Together Farm delicata squash chips
- Sky High – Curried Fall Vegetable Stew: Sunbow Farms Acorn squash, potatoes, root vegetables, and fall greens braised in a vegetarian coconut yellow curry broth. Finished with seared apples, ginger and fried garbanzo beans $7.95
- Taco Vino
- White Wind Superfoods – Chocolate Velvet Eclipse smoothie: contains 3 exotic superfoods and tastes like a decadent chocolate bar – $9/16 oz. cup, $8/12 oz. cup
Win a $25 Gift Certificate from a local restaurant!
- Go to Local Eats Week 2017 event on Facebook.
- Check in at the participating Local 6 restaurant where you are.
- Post a photo of your Local 6 sample plate and tag the restaurant.
One drawing entry per post. Visit multiple restaurants and post again to increase your chances of winning!
Select a different restaurant for each day of Local Eats Week and mark it on your calendar! You’ll delight in the wide array of colorful, flavorful local food available. Don’t miss this opportunity to celebrate the fall harvest, support locally owned businesses, and try some new and delicious food – all in one swoop of your fork and knife!
Local Eats Week is an annual event that encourages local restaurants to source more of their ingredients from the Local 6 area. Local 6 refers to products grown, produced, or processed by farms or businesses owned and operated within the six counties touching and including Benton County (Benton, Lane, Lincoln, Linn, Marion, and Polk). The broader goal is to increase the percentage of locally produced food that is consumed by the community, in order to create a vibrant and secure local food system.
Organized by the Food Action Team’s Local 6 Connection.