Do your holiday shopping locally this year and help keep our businesses thriving!
Buy Local First Holiday Contest
December 2 – 10
Shop at participating businesses for your holiday needs. Visit participating CIBA businesses and enter the Holiday Contest for a chance to win the prizes listed below, as well as the grand prize!
NEW! Get social to win! Post pictures to our Facebook event, BLF Holiday Contest, for more ways to win!
- Animal Crackers – Three $15 gift cards (3 winners)
- Blackledge Furniture – $50 gift certificate
- Corvallis Brewing Supply – $25 gift certificate
- Corvallis Copy Center – Prize 1: 22″ x 34″ custom poster, Prize 2: 200 black and white copies, Prize 3: Custome 2018 Calendar using your digital photos, Prize 4: Selfie Stick (4 winners)
- Corvallis Outlet Store – $50 gift certificate
- Country Vitamins – Healthy Holiday gift basket
- First Alternative Co-op – Two $50 gift cards (2 winners)
- Footwise – Two $25 gift cards and 2 pairs of socks (4 winners)
- Garland Nursery – 22″ fresh wreath with bow
- Grass Roots Books & Music – $25 gift certificate
- Many Hands Trading – $25 gift certificate
- Peak Sports – $50 value backpack
- Robnett’s Hardware – $25 gift certificate
- Running Princess – 21 oz. Hydro flask
- Schmidt’s Garden Center – $50 gift basket
- Second Glance – $20 gift certificate
- Shonnard’s Nursery, Florist & Landscape – $10 gift card
- Sibling Revelry – $50 gift certificate
- Sky High Brewing – $25 gift card
- The Alley – $20 gift certificate
- The Annex – $20 gift certificate
- The Book Bin – A large Book Bin Tote with 3 new books (2 of which are signed by the author), a beaver stuffed animal, and a $20 gift certificate
- Trump’s Hobbies – Three $20 gift certificates (3 winners)
Buy Local First Holiday Marketplace
December 10 – 12:00 to 5:00 pm
Benton County Fairgrounds
- An extravaganza celebrating all things local!
- Enjoy local food, local arts, local products, and local music.
- Learn about HOURS – our local currency.
Why Buy Local First?
Every dollar spent at a locally owned independent business generates two to four times more economic benefit in the community than a dollar spent at a globally owned business.
Local ownership minimizes the chance that a business will pull up stakes and move to another town.
Local business owners are generally more available to their customers to develop personal relationships, hear feedback and accommodate customer requests.
Local businesses help a community retain its unique character.
Spending money at locally-owned businesses decreases transportation costs, reduces the use of underpaid labor, and rewards those that are not shipping jobs overseas.
Buy Local First includes Buy Local First Day and Holiday Contest, Business of the Week, Independents Week in July, and special events on topics such as local investing. Co-sponsored by Community Independent Business Alliance (CIBA) and Corvallis Sustainability Coalition.