Take the pledge to ride the bus…and win prizes! Car Free Day is a great time to start.
When you pledge to ride the bus—whether it’s once a month, once a week, or more—your name will automatically be entered in a drawing to win special prizes. Take the pledge! Winners will be announced on 11/1/18, so be sure to make your pledge by 10/31/18.
On Saturday, September 22, come on down to the Corvallis Fall Festival by bike, foot, or bus! Our free Bike Valet will be available all weekend in the parking lot of The Arts Center. Free parking and shuttle service is also available. See http://www.corvallisfallfestival.org/info/plan-your-visit-1/.
Did you know the Corvallis Transit System (CTS) is FARE-FREE? There’s no need to worry about whether you have change. Just walk right on, and enjoy the ride!
There are a lot of good reasons to ride the bus!
- It’s comfortable. The bus is heated in the winter and air-conditioned in the summer.
- It frees you up. Instead of keeping your eyes on the road, you can look around, read a book, take a quick nap, or use your time to get something done.
- It’s fun. Take a bus field trip with your kids. They’ll love it.
- It’s a new experience. Looking for something a little different? Surprise your sweetie with a unique ride for date night. There’s even a special late-night service called the Night Owl that runs on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays during the school year.
- It’s eco-friendly. Riding the bus instead of riding in a car uses less energy, produces less pollution, and helps reduce the impacts of climate change.
- It’s easy. The Where’s My Bus feature offers real-time bus information and a quick and easy mobile version.
Explore nearby cities using other transit systems that connect to Corvallis. It’s an easy ride to Newport on Benton County’s Coast to Valley Express, and you can get to the City of Adair Village on the 99 Express.
Or try the new Corvallis-Amtrak Connector! It operates Thursday through Monday five times a day, as well as major holidays, allowing riders to reach their desired destination without worrying about holiday closures.
The Corvallis-Amtrak Connector provides regular bus service between several points in Corvallis and the passenger rail station in Albany. The schedule is timed to coincide with all of the northbound and some of the southbound arrivals.
So Get on Board – and leave the driving to someone else!