A 3-part series featuring local grains, produce, and beverages.
Corvallis area residents will have a rare chance to hear local growers, producers, and sellers discuss the benefits and challenges of creating a robust, resilient local food system. The public is invited to a 3-part Local Food Forum on May 7, 16, and 30 at 7 pm at the Corvallis-Benton County Public Library.
Each program will highlight a different sector and feature a diverse panel from that sector. Panelists will include the following:
Tuesday, May 7 – GRAINS
- Paul Harcombe, owner of Harcombe Farm
- April Hall Cutting, co-owner of Wild Yeast Bakery
- Sharon Gibson, director of Food & Nutrition Services at the Corvallis School District
Thursday, May 16 – PRODUCE
- Rachel Ashley, co-owner of Rainshine Family Farm
- Yadira Ruiz, co-owner of Sunbow Produce
- Natalia Mikkola, produce manager at First Alternative Co-op South
- Danielle Lewis, chef at Castor Kitchen & Bar
Thursday, May 30 – BEVERAGES
- Patrick Hayes, OSU Professor of Crop & Soil Science
- Caitlin Prueitt, co-owner of Vivacity Spirits
- Paul Miller, head brewer at Sky High Brewing
In addition to discussing their various roles in the local food system, panelists will converse with each other and respond to audience questions. And, of course, there will be food samples!
Sponsored by the Corvallis Sustainability Coalition Food Action Team and the Corvallis-Benton County Office of Economic Development. For more information, email or call 541-230-1237.