Shop locally this holiday season and support our local economy!
Extravaganza Winter Marketplace
Saturday, December 14
Benton County Fairgrounds, Guerber Hall
Celebrating all things local. Local food, local arts, local products, local music, local currency.
Find a wide assortment of unique gifts and meet their makers! Both functional and fanciful items and all locally made. Foods, pottery, natural home and body care products, art, lights, clothing (tie-dye, knitted, upcycled), textiles, jewelry, baskets, farm products (like garlic and Brussels sprouts), jams, note cards.
Why Buy Local First?
- PROSPERITY Every dollar spent at a locally owned independent business generates two to four times more economic benefit in the community than a dollar spent at a globally owned business.
- STABILITY Local ownership minimizes the chance that a business will pull up stakes and move to another town.
- FLEXIBILITY Local business owners are generally more available to their customers to develop personal relationships, hear feedback and accommodate customer requests.
- DIVERSITY Local businesses help a community retain its unique character.
- SUSTAINABILITY Spending money at locally-owned businesses decreases transportation costs, reduces the use of underpaid labor, and rewards those that are not shipping jobs overseas.