On Tuesday, September 22, people all over the globe will participate in World Car Free Day. Here in Corvallis, the Sustainability Coalition invites people of all ages to celebrate our 10th Annual Car Free Day by getting out of the house, out in the community – and discovering colorful flags in some places you may not have been before! Here’s how it works:
- Nine colorful “Car Free” flags will be posted at nine locations around the community on Car Free Day from 9 am to 7 pm.
- Go by bike, foot, or bus to the location nearest you, and find the flag.
- Take a selfie next to the flag, and send your photo to , post it on the Car Free Day 2020 event page on Facebook, or tweet with the tag #CarFreeCorvallis.
- You’ll automatically be entered in a drawing for a $50 gift certificate to the local bike shop of your choice.
- The more sites you visit, the more times you’ll be entered in the drawing. There will be one drawing for each site.
If you plan to go with a group of family or friends (encouraged!), make sure to wear a mask and stay socially distanced.
Decide on a starting point from the map at http://bit.ly/CarFreeCorvallis2020, or pick from the list below:
- Avery Park – playground
- Calvin Presbyterian Church Community Garden – planter’s kiosk
- Chepenafa Springs Park – playground
- Chintimini Park – playground
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Park – playground
- Riverfront Park – fountain at 1st & Jackson
- Starker Arts Park – playground
- Village Green Park – playground
- Willamette Park – playground
Remember to take a phone or camera with you!
This event is co-sponsored by the City of Corvallis Parks and Recreation Department.