Thursday, July 15 • 12 noon to 1 pm
If you’re interested in social equity, transportation safety, flood management and/or environmental regeneration, you won’t want to miss this upcoming program!
Join us for a presentation by Dave Eckert, showing a visionary proposal to develop a greenway along the South Corvallis Mill Race between Crystal Lake Drive and SW Allen Street.
The proposed South Corvallis Greenway Corridor has already been presented to staff at the City of Corvallis and the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) for consideration and inclusion in their long-range planning. The proposed project would:
- Regenerate a degraded urban waterway – the Mill Race
- Reduce dangerous flooding in the areas near 99W
- Improve transportation safety crossing 99W
- Safely connect two economically and ethnically diverse neighborhoods segregated by State Highway 99W
- Improve social equity issues in South Corvallis
To date, the proposal has been endorsed by the following local organizations:
- Corvallis Environmental Center
- Corvallis Sustainability Coalition
- Freshwaters Illustrated
- Greenbelt Land Trust
- Marys Peak Group of the Sierra Club
- Marys River Watershed Council
Thursday’s presentation is free and open to the public and will be followed by Q & A. Link in any time after 11:45 am on Thursday. Participation is limited to the first 100 viewers.
Viewers will be eligible to register for a group tour of the Mill Race in August.
This event is hosted by the Corvallis Sustainability Coalition Water Action Team.