Leadership & Committees
We are a volunteer organization, including our leadership and committees.
- Steering Committee: Guides the Coalition—sets policy, develops strategy, and oversees finances. Members serve as action team liaisons and are members of operating committees.
- Executive Committee: Carries out the day-to-day responsibilities, composed of Steering Committee members.
- Governance Committee: Responsible for ongoing reviews and recommendations, to enhance the quality and future viability of the Steering Committee. Composed of members of the Executive Committee and chaired by the Vice Facilitator.
- Facilitator/Director: Coordinates programs and activities.
Steering Committee members and the organizations they represent:
- Lorie Bailey, Treasurer * – member at large
- Rob Dietz – Post Carbon Institute
- Loma Hammond – member at large
- Cindee Lolik, Secretary * – First Alternative Natural Foods Co-op
- Randy Macdonald – Innovate Oregon
- Sean McGuire – Benton County
- Annette Mills, Facilitator * – League of Women Voters of Corvallis
- Zac Pinard – ASOSU Environmental Affairs
- Ann Scheerer – member at large
- Marge Stevens – First United Methodist Church
- Dave Toler – member at large
- Brandon Trelstad, Vice Facilitator * – Oregon State University
* Executive Committee
Hal Brauner – City Council liaison to the steering committee
Three operating committees support the Coalition and its action teams.
Communications & Marketing Committee
- Develops communication tools
- Communicates the activities and accomplishments of the Coalition, its action teams and partner organizations
- Educates the community about sustainability
- Develops and reviews fiscal procedures, revenue plans, and forecasts
- Provides support to Development Committee
- Prepares and monitors the annual budget
- Creates and directs fundraising efforts