Waste Prevention Resources
- Albany-Area ReUse Directory
- Corvallis-Area ReUse Directory
- Corvallis Bicycle Collective – Bicycle tools & repair
- Corvallis Families Gift Economy
- Corvallis Family Clothing Swap
- Green Girl – Reusable servingware
- Library of Things – Corvallis-Benton Public Library
- Republic Services
- First Alternative Co-op Recycling Center
- OSU Campus Recycling
- Oregon E-Cycles
- Oregon PaintCare
- Unusual Recyclables Directory
- Burcham’s Metals
Mixed Recycling Guide
As a result of China’s decreased tolerance of contaminated materials being accepted for recycling, significant changes are occurring in recycling markets that have an impact on what we can put in our tan commingled recycling carts, as discussed in this Gazette-Times article.
When it comes to recycling, we are shifting our focus to quality. The recycling process is not successful without high-quality materials that will ensure the continued existence of recycling markets, both domestic and abroad.
Recycling Block Captain Handouts
See handouts distributed by Recycling Block Captains.
- Mixed Organics – Republic Services
- An Introduction to Home Composting –
Benton Soil & Water Conservation District
- The “Dirt” on Composting in Corvallis:
Moving Toward a Zero-Waste Future –
OSU Sociology 519 (spring 2015)
Household Hazardous Waste
- Medical sharps disposal program – Republic Services
- The Hazardless Home Handbook – Oregon Department of Environmental Quality and Metro
- Common Pollutants, Easy Solutions – City of Corvallis
- Household Hazardous Waste – Oregon Department of Environmental Quality
Dealing with Junk Mail
This non-credit class is free to residents of Linn and Benton County who agree to “pay back” what they learn, by completing 30 hours of volunteer service within one year of course completion.
Story of Stuff
A 20-minute, fast-paced, fact-filled look at the underside of our production and consumption patterns.