Discover our creative community as you delight in all that downtown Corvallis has to offer!
3rd Thursday on January 19, from 4:00 to 8:00 pm, will feature local artists, local food, and local businesses – most of which are at venues within walking distance of downtown. Printed and online maps to the 3rd Thursday venues will be available at each of the participating locations, as well as on the Corvallis Arts Walk website at https://corvallisartswalk.com/map.
This new monthly celebration is a collaboration among Corvallis Arts Walk, the Corvallis Sustainability Coalition’s Economic Vitality Action Team, and the Coalition’s Food Action Team. The 3rd Thursday collaboration was initiated by members of the Economic Vitality Action Team who are interested in fostering a thriving local arts and entertainment hub as an economic driver. They reached out to organizers of the Corvallis Arts Walk and the Food Action Team to combine existing efforts into an ongoing 3rd Thursday event in downtown Corvallis.
Participating businesses and artists on January 19th include the following:
- Bellhop – Featuring locally sourced special: Deep-fried Brussels sprouts with Parmesan and vinaigrette
- Grass Roots Books & Music – Serving our community for more than 50 years
- Heartland Humane Society Thrift Shop – 50% off all clothing
- Adrienne Fritze – Works in progress
- Betty LaDuke – Painted wooden panels
- Bill Shumway & Family – Paintings, prints, and photos
- Lee Niemi – Abstract self-portraits
- Pam Pniak Thompson – Jewelry, collage, and assemblage
- Raphael Arar – Sculpture and graphics
The goal of the 3rd Thursday program is to establish Corvallis as a destination for local arts and entertainment, local food, and local shopping. By highlighting our rich local arts community, as well as the artistry of our local chefs, local food producers, and local business owners, organizers aim to showcase and celebrate the creative talents that are offered by our community.
3rd Thursday provides a great opportunity for local artists, local businesses, and local residents to join together to support our local economy and our creative community throughout the year. Organizers encourage everyone to make downtown Corvallis a regular destination on the 3rd Thursday of the month from 4:00 to 8:00 pm. See you on January 19th!