Harvest Sunshine is a 5-year campaign launched in January 2016, to accelerate the development of solar energy in Corvallis. Our goal is to more than double the amount of solar in Corvallis within the next 5 years—from 840 rooftops in 2015 to 2,000 rooftops in 2020.
- Corvallis currently has 4.2 megawatts (MW) of solar coverage—the equivalent of 840 rooftops
- Our 1-year goal is to cover an additional 300 residential and 100 commercial/municipal rooftops by the end of 2016
- Our 5-year goal is 10 MW of solar—the equivalent of 2,000 rooftops, including both residential and commercial
Solar is the right thing for your pocketbook, your family, the planet.
If you own a home, NOW is the time to look into solar.
The combination of rebates, plus state and federal tax credits, make solar a very big win!
- Total up-front cost for a typical 4 kW solar system in Corvallis = $14,500
- Homeowner out-of-pocket cost (after rebates & tax incentives) = $ 2,190
- Sun Buddies provide zero-interest loans
- Pass-Through Partners receive tax credits earning $600 in four years