Harvest Sunshine is a 5-year campaign launched in January 2016, to accelerate the development of solar energy in Corvallis. Our goal is to more than double the amount of solar in Corvallis within 5 years—from 840 rooftops in 2015 to 2,000 rooftops in 2020.
- In 2015, Corvallis had 4.2 megawatts (MW) of solar coverage—the equivalent of 840 rooftops
- Our 5-year goal is 10 MW of solar—the equivalent of 2,000 rooftops, including both residential and commercial
Solar is the right thing for your pocketbook, your family, the planet.
If you own a home, NOW is the time to make the transition to solar energy. The combination of rebates, plus federal tax credits, make solar a very big win.
- For a typical 4.2 kW solar system in Corvallis
- Total up-front cost = $10,120
- Homeowner out-of-pocket cost (after rebates & tax incentives) = $ 7,150
- For a typical 7.2 kW solar system in Corvallis
- Total up-front cost = $13,760
- Homeowner out-of-pocket cost (after rebates & tax incentives) = $ 9,630
NOTE: Federal energy tax credits will begin decreasing at the end of this year.