Transportation Action Team
We are working to make Corvallis more livable by promoting walking, biking and use of public transit. We encourage the transition to hybrid or plug-in electric single-occupancy vehicles, to reduce the environmental impact of our current fossil fuel reliant transportation system.
We collaborate with government agencies, organizations and individual volunteers. We meet regularly, share volunteers, support each other’s events, and work on joint projects.
Every year, our self-contained, bike-mobile Bike Valet provides free, secure bike parking for hundreds of people who attend community events, making it more convenient to choose active transportation.
Park(ing) Day occurs world-wide every year on the 3rd Friday in September. We partner with local groups to transform a parking space into a parklet for the day.
EV House Party
Electric Vehicle House Parties have connected EV owners to community members eager to discover how to make the transition to fossil fuel-free mobility.
Get on Board!
Did you know Corvallis Transit System (CTS) is FARE-FREE? There’s no need to worry about whether you have change. Just walk right on, and enjoy the ride!
There are a lot of good reasons to ride the bus:
- It’s comfortable. The bus is heated in the winter and air-conditioned in the summer.
- It frees you up. Instead of keeping your eyes on the road, you can look around, read a book, take a quick nap, or use your time to get something done.
- It’s fun. Take a bus field trip with your kids. They’ll love it.
- It’s a new experience. Looking for something a little different? Surprise your sweetie with a unique ride for date night. There’s even a special late-night service called the Night Owl that runs on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays during the school year.
- It’s eco-friendly. Riding the bus instead of riding in a car uses less energy, produces less pollution, and helps reduce the impacts of climate change.
- It’s easy. The Where’s My Bus feature offers real-time bus information and a quick and easy mobile version.
Trips by Transit
Trips by Transit offer opportunities for community members to try out-of-town transit systems, explore other communities, and have fun as a group, while demonstrating how easy it is to use public transportation.
This yearly Corvallis Bicycle Collective event features a mile of walkable, bikeable streets for people to explore neighborhoods around Corvallis.
Third Wednesday of each month, 3:30–5 pm.
See our calendar for upcoming meetings.
Join our Transportation google group so you don’t miss out on anything!