Home Retrofit Clinics
Developed and led by an Energy Action Team member who is a retired architect, our free Retrofit Clinics provide personalized evaluations of clients’ homes, assessing each home’s energy use and creating a path toward lower greenhouse gas emissions. The individualized 2-hour session includes the following:
- Energy Analysis – the home’s existing conditions
- Energy blueprint specific to the home – moving toward Net Zero
- Independent, practical information on readily available upgrades
- Understanding technical challenges and opportunities
- Realistic financial pathway – incentives and rebates, greatest impact
- Schedule – what to do and when
To sign up for the next clinic or for more information, email us here.
Seeds for the Sol
A key Energy Action Team partner is Seeds for the Sol, a local grassroots non-profit organization that helps remove the financial barriers to residential solar. Seeds for the Sol brings together Sun Buddies (community members who offer zero interest loans) with Sun Harvesters (homeowners who want to install solar panels but need help with the up-front costs of solar).
Seeds for the Sol also helps homeowners make the cost-saving, energy-saving switch from electric hot water heaters to hybrid-electric water heaters. Learn more here.