Waste Prevention Action Team
We’re working to make Corvallis a waste free community. Our goals are to reach 75% recycling rate, 50% reduction in per capita weight of landfill disposal, and increase proper disposal of hazardous waste 75% by 2020.
We’ve launched these projects to meet those goals:
- No Food Left Behind helps residents waste less food
- Prescription Bottle ReUse program in collaboration with Rice’s Pharmacy
- Recycling Block Captain program and recycling handouts
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle messages for use in community newsletters and bulletins
- ReUse Directory
- Zero Waste Group Facebook group
Waste Prevention Action Team vision, goals, strategies and actions.