Waste Prevention Action Team
We’re working to make Corvallis a waste free community. Our goals are to reach 75% recycling rate, 50% reduction in per capita weight of landfill disposal, and increase proper disposal of hazardous waste 75% by 2020.
We’ve launched these projects to meet those goals:
- No Food Left Behind helps residents waste less food
- Prescription Bottle ReUse program in collaboration with Rice’s Pharmacy (ON HOLD DUE TO COVID)
- Recycling Block Captain program and recycling handouts
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle messages for use in community newsletters and bulletins
- ReUse Directory
- Zero Waste Group Facebook group
Third Wednesday of each month, 5:30–7 pm (New member orientation 5–5:30 pm)
- Until further notice: All meetings will be held via Zoom
- A new Zoom meeting link will be sent to the WPAT google group each month
- Anyone else wanting to participate should email Dawn Marie Gaid for the link
See our calendar for upcoming meetings.