Waste Prevention Action Team
We’re working to make Corvallis a waste free community that fosters behaviors to reduce consumption of material goods.
Our community goals: the recycling rate for the Corvallis community will be 50%, there will be a year-to-year reduction in the per capita weight of landfill disposal (discards), and there will be a year-to-year increase of proper disposal of hazardous waste, all by 2025.
We’ve launched these projects to meet those goals:
- No Food Left Behind helps residents waste less food
- Recycling Block Captain program and recycling handouts
- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle messages for use in community newsletters and bulletins
- ReUse Directory
- Zero Waste Group Facebook group
- Prescription Bottle ReUse program in collaboration with Rice’s Pharmacy (ON HOLD DUE TO COVID)
Third Wednesday of each month, 5:30–7 pm (New member orientation 5–5:30 pm)
- Until further notice: All meetings will be held via Zoom
- A new Zoom meeting link will be sent to the WPAT google group each month
- Anyone else wanting to participate should email Dawn Marie Gaid for the link
See our calendar for upcoming meetings.