If you’re interested in social equity, transportation safety, flood management and/or environmental regeneration, you will want to watch this video about the South Corvallis Greenway Proposal:
Join us for a presentation by Dave Eckert, showing a visionary proposal to develop a greenway along the South Corvallis Mill Race between Crystal Lake Drive and SW Allen Street.
The proposed South Corvallis Greenway Corridor has already been presented to staff at the City of Corvallis and the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT) for consideration and inclusion in their long-range planning. The proposed project would:
- Regenerate a degraded urban waterway – the Mill Race
- Reduce dangerous flooding in the areas near 99W
- Improve transportation safety crossing 99W
- Safely connect two economically and ethnically diverse neighborhoods segregated by State Highway 99W
- Improve social equity issues in South Corvallis
To date, the proposal has been endorsed by the following local organizations:
- Corvallis Environmental Center
- Corvallis Sustainability Coalition
- Freshwaters Illustrated
- Greenbelt Land Trust
- Marys Peak Group of the Sierra Club
- Marys River Watershed Council
For further information, contact Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This proposal is sponsored by the Corvallis Sustainability Coalition Water Action Team.