Applications are now open for the position of Sustainability Outreach Specialist.
Submit a cover letter, a resume, and three reference contacts to email@example.com.
Questions? Call 541-230-1237.
Application deadline: July 2, 2017
Sustainability Outreach Specialist (.5 FTE)
Position Summary: The Sustainability Outreach Specialist will provide expert guidance to small and medium-sized local businesses to help them improve the efficiency of their operations in the areas of energy, water, and waste, lowering their greenhouse gas emissions and saving money in the process. During the initial two-year pilot program, the contractor will provide hands-on assistance to a minimum of 33 businesses. The candidate selected will be self-directed and expected to work as part of a team. They will need to have both technical and marketing expertise, as well as the ability to absorb new information quickly and to clearly explain options to our business clients. Good interpersonal skills are critical, and excellent written and oral communications are required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a list of prospective clients, including small and medium-sized businesses in Corvallis, using data from the Resource Efficiency Program and contacts through the Corvallis Chamber of Commerce, the Community Independent Business Alliance, and Sustainability Coalition partner organizations. Women-owned and minority-owned businesses are a priority.
- Meet with members of the Coalition’s Energy, Water, and Waste Prevention Action Teams to develop checklists of efficiency practices and local resources.
- Contact prospective clients, and confirm commitments from those expressing interest.
- Conduct detailed assessments of current facilities and business practices; record baseline measurements.
- Work with the business owners and/or managers to establish benchmarks and create plans.
- Follow up regularly with clients to respond to questions and challenges.
- Track the progress of clients, keeping records of utility data and “lessons learned”.
- Develop and communicate promotional messages via electronic and print media, and make presentations to business and community groups.
- Assess the two-year pilot program, and make needed adjustments to improve and expand the program.
- Complete other tasks, as assigned.
- Experience delivering energy efficiency, water efficiency, and/or waste reduction programming.
- Experience assessing energy efficiency, water efficiency, and/or waste reduction actions.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong commitment to and knowledge of the mission of the Corvallis Sustainability Coalition.
- Ability to be creative and flexible.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent or prolonged standing, walking and sitting.
- Frequent and prolonged talking/listening in conversations/meetings.
- Accurate perceiving of sound, near and far vision, and depth perception.
- Occasional lifting/carrying objects weighing 15-25 pounds.
- Occasional work in close proximity to groups of adults.
- Some evening and/or extended hours.
- Some travel to multiple sites.
Salary: $20.00 / Hour