Recycling Block Captain Program
As a recycling block captain, you help educate your neighbors about recycling, composting and waste prevention. It takes just a couple hours, a few times a year. Recycling block captains have two primary responsibilities:
- Distribute recycling information to neighbors three times a year
- Serve as a liaison between your neighbors and the Sustainability Coalition’s Waste Prevention Action Team
Block captains define their own territory (number of homes and location) and we provide the handouts.
WANTED: Recycling Block Captains!
Sign-up using this online form.
Existing Block Captain Territories
Click here to enlarge map
Already a Recycling Block Captain?
If you would like to know when the next gathering is or have questions, please . If you would like additional quarter-sheet introductory letters to share with your neighbors, download this file.
- House to Curb: setting yourself up for recycling success (Summer 2017)
- Curbside recycling, simplified (Winter 2017)
- What happens to my recyclables? (Fall 2016)
- Recycling opportunities in the bathroom (Summer 2016)
- Do-it-yourself green cleaning (Spring 2016)
- Have you seen it all? Recap of previous handouts (Winter 2016)
- Plastic recycling made simple: 4 shapes (Fall 2015)
- Reduce waste to save your energy and money (Summer 2015)
- What are your neighbors up to? (Spring 2015)
- E-waste disposal in the Corvallis area (Winter 2015)
- Low waste ideas for the holidays (Fall 2014)
- Pharmaceutical disposal in Corvallis (Summer 2014)
- Common contamination at the curb (Spring 2014)
- Reducing plastic waste (Fall 2013)
- Plastic recycling update (Summer 2013)
- Household hazardous waste guide (January 2013)
- How to compost food waste in your Mixed Organics cart in Corvallis (June 2012)
- An introduction to home composting (June 2012)
- The Corvallis-Area ReUse Directory (January 2012)
- Paper recycling in Corvallis (September 2011)
- Metal & glass recycling in Corvallis (June 2011)
- Corvallis Mixed Organics cart (December 2010)