- About Us
- Action Plan
- Action Teams
- The Community Inclusion Action Team
- Economic Vitality
- Health & Human Services
- Land Use
- Natural Areas
- Waste Prevention
- News & Events
WANTED: Corvallis Recycling Block Captains!
The Coalition’s Waste Prevention Action Team has launched an exciting program – Recycling Block Captains – and we invite additional Corvallis residents to participate.
As a recycling block captain, you can help educate your neighbors about recycling, composting, and waste prevention, as well as encourage their full participation in the opportunities that Allied Waste is currently providing. It takes just a couple hours every three to five months to participate. Recycling block captains have two primary responsibilities:
- Distribute recycling information to your neighbors three to four times a year, and
- Serve as a liaison between your neighbors and the Sustainability Coalition’s Waste Prevention Action Team.
The action team provides the handouts; the captains define their own neighborhood (number of homes and location).
Sign-up using this online form.
Note: Not all neighborhoods are marked yet.
View Captains2013 in a larger map
Already a Recycling Block Captain?
Our last gathering was in December 2012, and our next will likely be in March or April 2013.
Previous Block Captain Handouts
- Household Hazardous Waste Guide (January 2013)
- How to Compost Food Waste in your Mixed Organics Cart (June 2012, for Corvallis city limits)
- An Introduction to Home Composting (June 2012, for outside city limits)
- Sneak Peak of the Corvallis ReUse Directory (January 2012)
- Paper Recycling in Corvallis (September 2011)
- Metal & Glass Recycling in Corvallis (June 2011)
- Plastics Recycling in Corvallis (March 2011)
- Corvallis Mixed Organics Cart (December 2010)
Archive of Articles
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- May 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011