Recycling Block Captain Program
Help educate your neighbors about recycling, composting and waste prevention. Block captains distribute recycling information to their neighbors three times a year. You define your territory and we provide the handouts.
Existing Block Captain Territories
Already a Recycling Block Captain?
The spring 2020 handout has been delayed due to COVID-19.
Check back for updates!
235 Wilkinson Hall, OSU
2601 SW Orchard Ave
- Keeping It in the Community: Buying used (fall 2019)
- Composting at the Curb (summer 2019)
- Ditching Dining Disposables (spring 2019)
- Wasted Food: Facts & Impacts (fall 2018)
- Recycling Works! (summer 2018)
- Share, Swap, Loan & Save! (fall 2017)
- House to Curb: Setting yourself up for recycling success (summer 2017)
- What happens to my recyclables? (fall 2016)
- Recycling opportunities in the bathroom (summer 2016)
- Do-it-yourself green cleaning (spring 2016)
- Simple steps to reduce waste & save energy (summer 2015)
- What are your neighbors up to? (spring 2015)
- E-waste disposal in the Corvallis area (winter 2015)
- Low waste ideas for the holidays (fall 2014)
- Pharmaceutical disposal in Corvallis (summer 2014)
- Common contamination at the curb (spring 2014)
- Household hazardous waste guide (winter 2013)
- How to reduce plastic waste (fall 2013)